Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Lunch from Home

Today, I had a very simple lunch.  Before eating, I counted and performed tracking of the items that I planned to eat.  I made a turkey sandwich on double fiber wheat bread and a small side of Doritos.  On the sandwich, I put deli turkey, a slice of cheese, romaine lettuce, tomatoes, and mustard.  My lunch was filling and delicious. 

Double fiber wheat bread is low in carbs.  I buy it, because it allows me to eat a whole sandwich on occasion when my appetite is large.  One of my goals is to work on cutting back to just 1/2 sandwich and possibly fruit instead of the Doritos.  Today was a special treat for me!

I believe in sticking to the basics with my meals.  I don't prepare too many fancy food items.

1 comment:

  1. It's all about making smarter choices. I don't make fancy meals either because I am trying to make a life change that I can sustain.

    Your lunch looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete