Monday, February 2, 2015

Monday's Breakfast

Well I was a little hungry this morning. But I wanted to make sure I was sensible about what I ate. Keep in mind I always get enough veggies in at lunch and dinner to count for the entire day. I am still trying to get over the mental block of having veggies at breakfast. =)


1/2 Cinnamon Raison Ezekiel English Muffin with a little Smart Balance Olive Oil Butter, 2 oz of Canadian Bacon, and a Fruit Smoothie.


Fruit Smoothie Recipe
3 Frozen Strawberries
1 Small Banana
1 Cup of Yoplait Plain Greek Yogurt
Splash of Apple Juice to help blend


I mix it all together in my bullet. I don't add any sugar because the fruit and the splash of juice makes it sweet enough for me. But if it's not sweet enough for you, you can add a dash of Truvia or Stevia.

1 comment:

  1. Try this secret ingredient. Add just a little spinach to your recipe and see how you like it. You can vary the amount of vegetable based on your taste. The first time that you make it, see if you like the smoothie with the spinach. If so, you can add more spinach the next time. You can also add kale, mixed greens, etc. Let me know if you are able to try it.

    ReplyDelete