Thursday, February 12, 2015

Grocery Shopping

I went grocery shopping early this morning.  It took me a total of 1 hour to pick up the few items that I needed.  I used the Fooducate app to scan every item that I placed in my cart.  The grocery store was quiet and allowed me to do so.  I bought A and B rated foods that were scanned with the app.  I made changes in some of the food items that I normally have bought for higher grade foods. 

I changed my:

  • 100 calorie Yoplait Greek yogurt to Chobani 100 calorie Greek yogurt (A grade)
  • Canned tuna to Light Starkist in the can (B grade)
  • Tortilla Chips to Low carb Soft Tortilla shells (A grade)
  • Organic Milk to Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk (B grade)
  • Pasta to Barilla whole grain penne (A grade)
  • Uncle Ben's rice to Whole grain chicken rice (B grade)
  • Vanilla Almond Cereal back to Cheerios (A grade)
I kept the following the same:
  • Nature's Own Double Fiber Wheat grade (B grade)
  • Ragu traditional spaghetti sauce (B grade)
  • Healthy Request Canned Beef Vegetable Soup (B grade)
  • Light Sour Cream (B grade)
I hope that this helps.  My main goal is to be able to use the Fooducate app and knowledge gained to make healthier eating choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment